The concept of chakras stems from the early traditions of Hinduism and its use in Tantra or ancient meditation practices. Chakras refer to points of energy along your body.
The word chakra means wheel. There are seven main chakras or spinning disks along the body that correspond to major organs, nerves, and body energy. These disks should stay "open"; otherwise, they can negatively affect your physical and emotional well-being.
The seven major chakras include:
- Crown Chakra - top of the head
- Third Eye Chakra - forehead
- Throat Chakra - throat
- Heart Chakra - upper chest, close to the heart
- Solar Plexus Chakra - mid-chest
- Sacral Chakra - lower abdomen
- Root Chakra - the pelvic area
Rose quartz is mainly associated with the Heart chakra. The stone's energy vibrates and aligns with it to enhance feelings of happiness, understanding, warmth, compassion, respect, and emotional health.